Tuesday, May 11, 2004  
I need a fix

Pray for me. I am an addict and I need help.
When I'm out with my wife, all I think about is my addiction.
When I'm at work, all I think about is my addiction.
When I have time, I blow all of it on my addiction. I stay up far too late, my head far from the real world. I blow off my responsibilities. I forget to pay bills. When I wake up the next morning I'm groggy, I have a headache, and all I can think about is my addiction.

I am addicted to Out of the Park Baseball. It's a text-based computer baseball game which features coach and scout hiring, full minor league management, in-game management, career mode, prospect management, contract negotiations, Hall of Fame Inductions, record keeping, budget balancing. It's all the things I imagine I can do better than Jim Hendry, but without the pesky media bothering me.

If you are considering playing it and you have a job, a family, a hobby, or you enjoy seeing the sun, I don't recommend this game. If you neither have nor want any of the aforementioned, pick it up. It's pretty neat.

Just don't come running to me when you're strung out, junkie.

Contact Info
Great Seats: The Best of TVFTB
Sponsored Links
The Cubs Blog Army
Writers we love & hate!!!
Sleeping with the Enemy
Good Baseball Links
Syndicate or Search this site
Bleacher Archives